Do Canadian citizens need to complete the “RC518 Declaration of Tax Residence for Individuals – Part XVIII and Part XIX of the Income Tax Act” form?

The requirement is for all purchasers of VCIB Prepaid Reloadable Visa cards to self-declare their tax residency, which differs from citizenship. Canadian tax residents will still need to complete the form, as will those who earn income and pay taxes in a country outside of Canada, as will those who hold tax residency in more than 1 jurisdiction.